In our recent release of FoolFuuka, you might have noticed that we’ve started to remove a number of plugins from the source code. I would like to state that this pattern will continue until all of the plugins have been removed from both the FoolFuuka and FoolFrame repositories.
Well, it’s been quite some time since our last blog post or any type of announcement from us. Although we’ve been fairly inactive these past few months, we would like to state that we aren’t planning to disappear any time soon. There are a few things we have planned for this year.
The Foolz Archive has found a new owner. We’re current transferring ownership and contents to the new individual.
What you should know:
- the archive won’t reside on the foolz.us domain, it will be on a new domain
- the archive won’t inherit the “Foolz Archive” name
- the internal boards will not be transferred with the archive
- we no longer own the archive and data any longer
- we will continue to provide software support and updates to any archives using FoolFuuka
- current mods, depending upon their decision, may or may not retain their privileges
Thanks to all individuals and groups who considered to continue this large project. We are no longer accepting any offers since our decision has been made.
We’ve been contacted by a few potential individuals and groups who are interested in continuing the Foolz Archive. However, we’ve been asked multiple questions regarding our hardware, workload, and some technical details about running the Foolz Archive itself. I will address every single inquiry below.
Back in June of 2012, we created the >>>/dev/ board on the Foolz Archive. It was initially created so that our users can request new features to be implemented, report any issues encountered with our software and/or services, and get software support for software we’ve written. We’ve come across a number of issues with the current submission format for these topics and have decided that it’s time to shut it down for good.
We have replaced Etna, the previous server which hosted the search engine, with our own server. This means that we now actually own the hardware running the search engine and won’t be sharing any resources with other services any longer.
Well, here are some new statistics to reflect all of the recent changes done to our network and services.
Well, I would like to blog about our recent problems regarding our expired SSL certificate and the entire situation.
I think we are finally done restructuring our entire network (for now). There are a few IPv6 that need to be resolved on our front-ends, but that should really be it for now. I would like to relocate our search daemon and place it on its own dedicated hardware to minimize some of our ongoing issues, but we lack the budget to fulfill that objective. However, there is a possibility of that changing in the future though. We will have to deal with the random service interruptions caused by the search daemon until then.
We just had an unexpected downtime due to our database server being inaccessible and unresponsive. It appears that we only lost connectivity with it for approximately an hour so hopefully nothing much happened. Anyway, our system logs doesn’t contain anything that would explain the network inaccessibility, but I will continue to look into the incident.